Monday, March 1, 2010

Cards, Pages and Updates




  I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's  day with those you love.

We've been having a great time here at Precious Scraps celebrating our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY.  I cannot believe it has been a year since we opened the doors.  Sunday, February 21, 2010 we celebrated by giving away a Epic Six Machine from Quickutz to one lucky winner, Christa Blaine (she said to tell you how super excited she is).  We had a great make-n-take using heat embossing.  We  even had a few refreshments for those who stopped in.  I cannot begin to tell you what it means to me the love and support shown by my family, friends and customers during the past year.  I could not have done it without you.

On to a few projects:

As many of you know my son Kyle is 21, and like many young men his age, he does like having me scrapbook him all the time.  So, what's a girl to do?  I borrow everyone else's children.  I recently saw a picture on my friend Christy's photography website ( http://christysstudio.blogspot.com/ ) of Evie.  Evie is one of two beautiful children of Tanya and Bobby.  I could not resist and immediately called Tanya and begged her to let me scrapbook Evie.  I love how this page turned out.  (Be sure to check out other beautiful photographs of Evie and others on Christy's blog)





Here is another page for my "borrowing" someone else's child.  This is Hayden.  I know his family and love this photo that his grandmother took.  It was begging to be placed on a page. 



Here is a simple project I recently complete with items from Tim Holtz. I created the tag when I had a customer come in looking for antique tags for a project.  I told her I didn't have anything but I had some white tags  that she could easily make them appear vintage.  After she left, with ink and tags in her bag, I sat and played with the sample tag and created this beautiful tag with stamps and embossing powder and a few embellishments.


I have enjoyed sitting down and playing with these tags so much.  I created a few more that may be held over for National Scrapbook Day activities.





This is a page my dear friend Denise created using paper from the My Mind's Eye collection
I love the how the snow looks on the tractor.  This has truly been a beautiful winter here in middle Tennessee.  We don't usually see this much snow.




Here is a baby shower invite that my dear friend Tammey created for her son and daughter in law.  They hare having twin boys this summer.  She took Becky Oehlers beautiful design here and changed it up ever so slightly incorporating Winnie the Pooh since the baby's room will be decorated  in Pooh.


Here is a another Kaiser Craft project from Tammey


Here is another Kaiser Craft Kit from Wanda featuring her grandson Jacob.


 
  
  
  
  

Wasn't that just TOO cute.  Here is another one of the Kaiser Craft desk top caddy purses.  Jordan, our resident teen, made this one for her mom for Christmas.  (She forgot to give it to her until a month later when I ask her how her mom liked it.  She had put it in her closet to hide it and forgot all about it.  Kim didn't mind receiving it late.  Jenni Bowlin is her favorite paper line.

FRONT
  BACK

I am sorry that is is so long between post, time just flies by and before I know it it's been a month. 
I will try to do better.

I want to give a shout out  to the LBL Crop ladies that were here this past weekend.  Thanks so much for visiting us at Precious Scraps.  I met some wonderful ladies and look forward to building some lasting friendships.  See you in September if not before.  Thanks again to everyone who has made this past year so special for us. 






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, love that purse!!!! Congrats on one year!

Diane Jaquay said...

Lots of beautiful projects here!

Mary I said...

I can't believe it's been a year already! So many beautiful projects too. I am so glad things have been going well at the store.

Maggie said...

Wow! There's a lot of creating going on here! Great projects, and don't worry if your son is a spoilsport....scrap him anyway--his future wife will get a kick out of it! :)

Melissa said...

WOW, lots of lovely things! I love your vintage tag. Congrats on your one year anniversary!!

MintStamps said...

Oh, wow! My first time here. I love everything! You all are very talented. If I weren't in California, I'd totally come play! Thank you for all the fun stuff to look at.

Niki Estes said...

Congrats on the first amazing year, Bev! Here's to many more! Love all the amazing projects, too, especially that baby layout!

peggysue said...

Happy Anniversary! And what a boatload of cute projects, but I really love that baby scrapbook page, you did a great job.

IamDerby said...

Hey Bev! Happy Anniversary! I cant believe its been a year! Congrats!

Gina Lindsay said...

Congratulations on the first year! I love all the projects, especially that purse.

Becky said...

AW! Look at the Pooh card!! Awesome :) Tell her she did a great job for me :)