Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Best Birthday Ever...

Thank you for all the beautiful birthday wishes today.  I feel so blesses to have such wonderful friends.  I had the best borthday ever.  My friends at the store surprised me last night with cakes, cards, gifts and balloons.  It was amazing.  My wonderful son Kyle surprised me today by coming to my office and taking me to lunch.  I was totally surprised and shocked.  I cried for 20 minutes from pure excitement.  I haven't seen him since Christmas and seeing him was all I could ever want. 


 Kyle is in college at NOSSI College of the Arts studying Photo Journalism and Graphic Arts.  He takes some of the most amazing photos.  If you want you can check out some of his work at A Shared Prospective.

To top off my day my mom cooked dinner for Larry and I and I was again surprised by some of the rest of my family being there.  My sister Peggy made the cutest gift bag (I will have to take a picture to share) and my nephew and his wife were there with their son Trent.  Trent presented me with a beautiful bunch of hand-picked buttercups and better yet a hand-written note.  He is only in pre-K so I will frame and cherish this note forever. The girls at the dental office took me to lunch yesterday and my darling husband is taking me to lunch tomorrow.  WOW, that is a lot of eating.   This evening before leaving for dinner at my moms my neighbor and sister-in-law stopped by with cards and gifts as well.  I feel so loved.

On the store front, We received 5 boxes today with 5 more coming first of the week and more at the end of next week.  Our new Easter should be in  the boxes from today and the New Lush Line as well as Quite Contrary from My Minds Eye will be arrive within the next few days.  We have the new colors from Tim Holtz Distressed Inks coming in and oh so much more.  I will try to update as we unpack things.  It is like Christmas at Precious Scraps. 

Flower Soft has been restocked as well.  We also received the new Ultra Fine Flower Soft and a few new stamps and card fronts.  Be sure to stop in and see all the new stuff.  Here is a little teaser of the flower soft.


Well, after "partying like a rock star" as one of my dear friends put it (actually I don't really party but I did eat alot) I am exhausted.  I think I wil fore go my usual 1 or 2 am bedtime and hit the sack a little early tonight.  Again thank you so much for all the kind words for my birthday left on my facebook and forums.  I love each and everyone of you and could not, again, feel more blessed.  Night all, and thanks for stopping by Precious Scraps.

6 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

Sounds like a great birthday, glad you had a great one. I am going to have to get back out to your store soon.

Mary I said...

I'm glad you had such a special day with so many friends and family. :-)

Niki Estes said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday, Bev! Big hugs!

Beth said...

I just heard about your store from a friend that recently visited. I can't wait to come and visit/purchase myself. I am so jealous of her! She kept bragging on your store - I think she has been there twice now.
I do have a question - on your blog - the books that were made - do you sell them in the store? The one in particular that I am looking for for a baby gift is the one that looks like wings when opened. Could you please let me know - I may have to get you to send it to me - the shower is this month.
Thanks for the info1

Kacey Elliott said...

Happy Belated Birthday Bev! Sounds like you had a fabulous day! You're a very lucky girl :) *HUGS*

Beverly said...

Beth -- you can email me at preciousscraps@bellsouth.net but in answer to your questions, yes we sell the Kaiser Craft Books at the store and I would be happy to mail one to you. Please email me which book you are interested in.

Thanks Bev