Monday, March 10, 2008

My first RAK Card, a baby frame and a checkbook cover...

I received my first "RAK" card today, a birthday card from Gail a PaperTrey Ink RAK Member. Thank you Gail. The card is absolutely stunning. I will tell you this, if you have not joined the PTI band wagon, jump on now! This is the best group of ladies (and Rick) you will ever come across. They are the most talented, accepting, giving, supportive, and gracious group of people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.



I had a busy weekend "playing" in my scrap room. I had an order for a 4 x 6 frame for a baby boy. This is the result. I love making these frames. I always try to cater to the person who ordered it and incorporate all of their request. I use MME transparent frames to cover the openings since they do not come with glass. I adhere them to the frame with Modge Podge since it dries clear.



I had a request for a checkbook cover (I make these for a fund raiser for my local Relay for Life) using Harley, Pink and add their names. It is difficult to see in the photo but I used Paper Studio Gems around the belt buckle to add a little "bling". Sara was very pleased with the end result. I love creating when someone gives me 3 or 4 things they like and I somehow put them together to make something pleasing. I'll have to show you the cover incorporating, zebra print, pink and pug dogs............another day.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

WOOHOO! Look at all that crafting you have been doing! I LOVE that checkbook cover. I'd say you gave her exactly what she asked for. See you soon! :)
~Kelsey

Bonnie said...

Greata job and very ingenious! I saw your blog name over on the PTI forum...I hope you don't mind me sneaking a peek! Do not ever think about what others will say about your work.....if it feels good.....DO IT!! LOL! (If I worried about it I would never post anything!!) haha!